Courses & Programs
PBIS - GoBLUE Program
Students of the Month
- Students of the Month for May 2021
- Students of the Month for April 2021
- Students of the Month for March 2021
- Students of the Month for February 2021
- Students of the Month for January 2021
- Students of the Month for December 2020
- Students of the Month for November 2020
- Students of the Month for October 2020
- Students of the Month for September 2020
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
What is the purpose of PBIS?
The purpose of PBIS is to create a school & classroom environment where students & staff are safe, happy, and able to learn and teach to the best of their ability. PBIS supports a tiered approach to intervention and believes that every student is unique and should receive attention based on their needs and strengths.
One example of how students are recognized for their strengths is Wa-Hi’s school-wide student recognition called Go BLUE (or school-wide expectations for behavior and academic involvement). Each month teachers select students based on their demonstration of WaHi’s Go BLUE, which is an acronym for:
B Building positive connections
L Leaders with skills for success
U Understanding ourselves and others
E Excellence in education
Postcards describing the student’s success are created with copies presented to the student and to the parents. Two student from each grade are selected as Students of the Month and honored with a picture on the WaHi website, a certificate of achievement, and a GoBLUE t-shirt.