cheering kids
A+ A A-

Running Start


STAY INFORMED:   Check out the Announcements and the Senior Year page.



The Running Start program allows eligible juniors and seniors to enroll tuition free in courses at local community colleges or career/technical schools. Although the college tuition is paid for by the school district, students are responsible for books, supplies, and transportation to the community college.

Running Start enrollment is limited to classes numbered 100 and above in both academic and career/technical areas. Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college classes or solely in college classes.

In order to participate in Running Start, students must apply to Walla Walla Community College and follow specific placement instructions.Graduation requirements for completing a high school diploma are established by Wa-Hi, and students must consult their high school counselor to identify how community college courses will apply towards graduation. If students choose to enroll part time in Running Start classes and part time at Wa-Hi, they will need to plan their Running Start classes around their Wa-Hi classes.

A one-quarter, five credit, class will equal 1.0 credit of high school study in the subject taken. Further information is available through the Wa-Hi Counseling Department.


Walla Walla High School

WAHI logoletters web800 Abbott Road
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Ph) 509-527-3020
Fx) 509-527-3034

Safety Tipline: 855-976-8772

The Walla Walla School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The Assistant Director of Human Resources, 364 South Park Street, Walla Walla, Washington 99362, (509) 527-3000, has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination.